W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-lod@w3.org > August 2012

Re: Access Control Lists, Policies and Business Models

From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 11:58:10 -0400
Message-ID: <CABbsEScwbDZL0o_QB8ocJsZWoVq8BsEFqNWg7amd3ZQ057K4WQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi Kingsley,

You wrote

*1. I assume one needs a Executable English Processor to make this
functional?*

Yes, but all you need to do is point a browser to
www.reengineeringllc.com, where the processor is live.  You can also
use your own Java client
program to run the processor as an endpoint, as in

           www.reengineeringllc.com/iblClient1.java

*2. How do you verify identities?
*
That's up to the person or people writing the rules.

*3. Have you looked at the WebID authentication protocol re. Web-scale
verifiable identity?*

Will do.  Please suggest newbie links.

                                                    -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL
and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering


On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

>  On 8/17/12 8:44 PM, Adrian Walker wrote:
>
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> To look at the Executable English source code of the SocialAccess1 example
> , please visit
>
>     www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/SocialAccess1.agent
>
> To run it please:
>
>       1.  Point a Firefox or Chrome browser to
> http://www.reengineeringllc.com
>
>       2.  Click on Internet Business Logic
>
>       3.  Click the GO button
>
>       4.  Select *SocialAccess1* from the list in the middle of the page
>
>       5.  Check that the action at the top of the page says
>             "Choose an agent and Go to its Question menu"
>
>       6.  Click the Go button
>
>       7.  You should now see a Question Menu
>
>       8.  Click on the first sentence
>
>       9.  You should now see a new window with an "Ask" button
>
>       10. Click the Ask button
>
>       11. You should now see an Answer Table
>
>       12. Click on "Go To the Question Menu" hold down the mouse button,
>           select "Get an Explanation of the Selected Line" and release the
> button
>
>       13. You should now see a step-by-step explanation of how the system
>           used the rules and facts in the example to get the answer
>
>       14. Click on "Go to the Answer Page" hold down the mouse button,
>           select "Go to View or Change the Agent" and release the button
>
>       15. You should now see the application "program" that you have just
> used.
>           It's written in Executable English, and it's editable.
>           (If you'd like to make changes, please make a copy first, using
> the
>            menu on the start page, then make changes only to your copy.)
>
>       16. Please use the Help button on each page to see how to navigate
> further
>
>       17. The tutorials show how to write and run your own examples.
>
> I hope this helps.  Thanks for further comments and questions.
>
>
> A few more questions:
>
> 1. I assume one needs a Executable English Processor to make this
> functional?
> 2. How do you verify identities?
> 3. Have you looked at the WebID authentication protocol re. Web-scale
> verifiable identity?
>
>
> Kingsley
>
>
>
>                                                     -- Adrian
>
> Internet Business Logic
> A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over
> SQL and RDF
> Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
> Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements
>
> Adrian Walker
> Reengineering
>
>
>
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:
>
>>  On 8/17/12 7:05 PM, Adrian Walker wrote:
>>
>>
>> Here's how your example looks in Executable English.  You can view, run
>> and change the example by pointing a browser to www.reengineeringllc.comand choosing SocialAccess1 .
>>
>>  Sorta lost me at "no URL" for the resource in question. Anyway, I went
>> to your site's home page (as per above) and couldn't find "SocialAccess1".
>>
>> Can't you give me a URL for the resource in question?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen	
>> Founder & CEO
>> OpenLink Software
>> Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>> Personal Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen
>> Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/112399767740508618350/about
>> LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen	
> Founder & CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
> Personal Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen
> Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/112399767740508618350/about
> LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen
>
>
>
>
Received on Saturday, 18 August 2012 15:58:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 31 March 2013 14:24:42 UTC