Re: Access Control Lists, Policies and Business Models

Hi Kingsley,

Here's how your example looks in Executable English.  You can view, run and
change the example by pointing a browser to www.reengineeringllc.com and
choosing SocialAccess1 .

|  Kingsley wrote:
|  1. you can only sign up if you are no greater than 1 degree of
separation from TimBL, in a social network
|  2. you can only access a resource if you are known by TimBL
|  3. you can alter (e.g. extend membership) a resource ACL rule if
you claim to know TimBL and he also claims to know you.

|  Here's how to specify that in Executable English

a-person and TimBL are at 1 degree of separation in a social network
1. that-person is permitted to sign up

TimBL knows a-person
2. that-person is allowed to access a resource

a-person claims to know TimBL
TimBL claims to know that-person
3. that-person can alter a resource ACL rule

a-person and an-other-person are friends in Facebook
that-person and that-other-person are at 1 degree of separation in a
social network

an-other-person and a-person are friends in Facebook
that-person and that-other-person are at 1 degree of separation in a
social network

this-person and this-other-person are friends in Facebook
   TimBL           Kinglsey
   Adrian          Kinglsey

TimBL knows this-person
========================
              Kingsley

this-person claims to know this-other-person
  TimBL                     Kingsley
  Kingsley                  TimBL

| This file is an application written in the language Executable English.
| You can view, run and change it by pointing a browser
| to www.reengineeringllc.com and selecting SocialAccess1.

Thanks for comments.

                                                    -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL
and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering