Re: Linked Data Business Models?

From: Christophe Guéret <c.d.m.gueret@vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 12:19:06 +0200
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi all,

That may or may not really fit into the discussion, but here is a small
write up about the commercial benefits of doing 5 star data instead of 3:
http://wp.me/p1ffiZ-7D

It is not a new idea but some data owners I spoke with did not see it that
way, thinking that Linked Open Data implies giving away all the data for
free.
This post relates what I explained to them, hope this makes sense. And if
it doesn't, I'd be pleased to discuss it :-)

Cheers,
Christophe

--

Christophe Guéret Ph.D. (c.d.m.gueret@vu.nl)http://www.few.vu.nl/~cgueret/