Re: ANN: Vapour 3.0, a Linked Data validator

On 4/20/12 8:13 AM, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> Dear Linked Data community,
>
> we're glad to announce Vapour 3.0, a validator for Linked Data, now
> online at [1]. As usual, the source code is also available at
> Sourceforge [2].
>
> This new version includes a simpler and cleaner interface, but more
> realistic scenarios (testing mixed accept headers, for instance).
> Moreover Vapour's API is now better documented [3], providing bindings
> for a couple of popular languages (currently only Java and
> Javascript).
>
> This work have been partially supported by the ADAPTA project, which
> is partially funded by the INNPACTO 2011 programme
> (IPT-2011-0949-430000) of the Spanish Ministry of Science and
> Innovation and the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER).
>
> Kind regards,
>
> [1] http://validator.linkeddata.org
> [2] http://vapour.sourceforge.net
> [3] http://vapour.sourceforge.net/api

Very nice!

One request though, would it be possible to change:
http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen is an information
resource
http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this is any kind of
resource

To:
http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen is a *web* resource
http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this is any kind of
resource .

This little tweak will make a world of difference to Linked Data
narratives. Making a play for *information* only leads to confusion due
to it not being Web realm specific -- even *web information resource*
will do :-)

Founder&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com