Re: ANN: Nature Publishing Group Linked Data Platform

Hello Tony

Amazing work indeed.  I have a little LOV echo to the big LOD call of
Kingsley :)

At http://ns.nature.com/docs/terms/ I get only the vocabulary OWLDoc, no
conneg to some rdf file?
Is this rdf file available somewhere?

Thanks

Bernard

Le 5 avril 2012 13:25, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> a écrit :

> On 4/5/12 5:17 AM, Hammond, Tony wrote:
>
>> ** Apologies for cross-posting **
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> We just wanted to share this news from yesterday's NPG press release [1]:
>>
>>     "Nature Publishing Group (NPG) today is pleased to join the linked
>> data
>> community by opening up access to its publication data via a linked data
>> platform. NPG's Linked Data Platform is available at
>> http://data.nature.com.
>>
>>     The platform includes more than 20 million Resource Description
>> Framework (RDF) statements, including primary metadata for more than
>> 450,000
>> articles published by NPG since 1869. In this first release, the datasets
>> include basic citation information (title, author, publication date, etc)
>> as
>> well as NPG specific ontologies. These datasets are being released under
>> an
>> open metadata license, Creative Commons Zero (CC0), which permits maximal
>> use/re-use of this data.
>>
>>     NPG's platform allows for easy querying, exploration and extraction of
>> data and relationships about articles, contributors, publications, and
>> subjects. Users can run web-standard SPARQL Protocol and RDF Query
>> Language
>> (SPARQL) queries to obtain and manipulate data stored as RDF. The platform
>> uses standard vocabularies such as Dublin Core, FOAF, PRISM, BIBO and OWL,
>> and the data is integrated with existing public datasets including
>> CrossRef
>> and PubMed.
>>
>>     More information about NPG's Linked Data Platform is available at
>> http://developers.nature.com/**docs <http://developers.nature.com/docs>.
>> Sample queries can be found at
>> http://data.nature.com/query. "
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tony
>>
>> [1] http://www.nature.com/press_**releases/linkeddata.html<http://www.nature.com/press_releases/linkeddata.html>
>>

> Great stuff!
>
> BTW -- do you also expose an RDF dump (directly or via a VoiD graph) ?
> Naturally, I would also like to add this dataset to the LOD cloud cache we
> maintain.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Kingsley Idehen
> Founder&  CEO
> OpenLink Software
> Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
> Personal Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/**blog/~kidehen<http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/%7Ekidehen>
> Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen
> Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/**112399767740508618350/about<https://plus.google.com/112399767740508618350/about>

*Bernard Vatant
*
Vocabularies & Data Engineering
Tel :  + 33 (0)9 71 48 84 59
Skype : bernard.vatant
Linked Open Vocabularies <http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov>

*Mondeca**          **                   *
3 cité Nollez 75018 Paris, France
www.mondeca.com
Follow us on Twitter : @mondecanews <http://twitter.com/#%21/mondecanews>