Re: From Open Database Connectivity to Open Data Connectivity

On 3/30/12 5:47 PM, Barry Norton wrote:
> On 30/03/2012 22:37, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 3/30/12 5:08 PM, Barry Norton wrote:
>>> I'd like to see something like "saves you from having to re-invent
>>> keys".
>>
>> Linked Data does just that.
>
> Precisely. But I wouldn't (with my old ODBC developer hat on) have got
> it from your text.
>

> (I understand that it's a different thing you were aiming at with the
> mention of URIBurner, and...)
>
>> What I didn't go into (deliberately) in the post is the ability to
>> build Linked Data views over relational data sources using R2RML [3].
>
> Also true. In this context that could be a lot more comprehensible and
> relevant (not putting down URIBurner and similar services).
>
> Barry

I've just published a little howto that showcases how to query the
Linked Open Data cloud via any ODBC compliant application across Windows
(any version), Mac OS X (any version even Mac Classic), Linux, Solaris,
FreeBSD etc..

Much more to come ...

Links:

1. http://goo.gl/olvLf -- how to query the LOD cloud via any ODBC
compliant application using Virtuoso's wire-protocol style of ODBC Driver.

Founder&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen