Re: NIR SIDETRACK Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

On Sat, 2012-03-31 at 11:32 -0400, Jonathan A Rees wrote:
[ . . . ]
> So this is something we already knew from the HTTP spec, which all of
> us pretty much agree to;

We all agree to it as a *protocol* specification -- not as a *semantics*
specification.

[ . . . ]
> On the other hand the specs are all terribly murky, [ . . . ]

They're only murky if you are trying to interpret them as defining a
global semantics for the web, which is not what they were intended to
do.

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/