Re: NIR SIDETRACK Re: Change Proposal for HttpRange-14

On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 10:35 +0200, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> The whole point about the use of the term IR in HR14 seems to be to say:
>
> Everything that has a representation has a representation that conveys it's
> essential characteristics.
>
> Is this important ? If yes, should we write it this way ?

FYI, Jonathan Rees has written up a very nice formalization of the
relationship between an information resource and a representation -- or
in his parlance an "instance" and a "generic information entity" -- in
terms of what it means to make metadata statements about them:
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/ir/latest/

--
David Booth, Ph.D.
http://dbooth.org/