Re: Facebook Linked Data

From: Tim rdf <timrdf@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:08:40 -0400
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: Jesse Weaver <weavej3@rpi.edu>, semantic-web@w3.org, public-lod@w3.org
Thanks Richard!

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> On 23 Sep 2011, at 15:11, Tim rdf wrote:
>> Why does <http://graph.facebook.com/24407945#> not resolve to anything,
>>
>> bash-3.2$ curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/24407945#
>
> Hash URIs are resolved by stripping the hash off the URI first. The hash and anything behind it is never sent to the server.
>
> Stripping off the hash is the responsibility of the client.

I knew that the client is __supposed__ to strip the fragment
identifier, but didn't realize that __curl__ doesn't do it.

> Curl, for some reason that's beyond me, doesn't strip off the hash and sends it to the server, violating the URI spec.

bummer.

> So, to resolve a hash URI with curl, you have to remove the hash and anything behind it yourself before making the curl request.

Then it's solved!

<http://graph.facebook.com/24407945#> thanks you; (but not
<http://graph.facebook.com/24407945>, since it doesn't have feelings
and isn't sitting in this chair).