Re: Facebook Linked Data

On 9/23/11 8:09 AM, Jesse Weaver wrote:
> APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING
>
> I would like to bring to subscribers' attention that Facebook now
> supports RDF with Linked Data URIs from its Graph API.  The RDF is in
> Turtle syntax, and all of the HTTP(S) URIs in the RDF are dereferenceable
> in accordance with httpRange-14.  Please take some time to check it out.
>
> If you have a vanity URL (mine is jesserweaver), you can get RDF about you:
>
> curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/<vanity-url>
> curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/jesserweaver
> If you don't have a vanity URL but know your Facebook ID, you can use
> that instead (which is actually the fundamental method).
>
> curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/<facebook-id>
> curl -H 'Accept: text/turtle' http://graph.facebook.com/1340421292
> > From there, try dereferencing URIs in the Turtle.  Have fun!
>
> Jesse Weaver
> Ph.D. Student, Patroon Fellow
> Tetherless World Constellation
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
> http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~weavej3/

Jesse,

Just reiterates the fact that structured data is a critical vector for
high fidelity Linked Data propagation, at InterWeb scale. On the other
hand, Syntax wars deliver nothing but inertia re. the same quest.

We now have schema.org (on one side) and Facebook on the other. Net
effect:  a tremendous increase in Web accessible structured data -- in
directed graph form -- delivered via some of the Web's largest data
spaces :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com