Re: [foaf-protocols] How to make an idea popular

On 9/19/11 10:18 AM, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Why "inevitable?"
>
> People make their webpages available b/c the benefit of being "heard"
> by a wider audience is worth the cost of admission.

Because everyone will soon realize that they can *map* structured data
(in a variety of shapes and forms) to a conceptual schema that's syntax
and serialization format agnostic i.e., based on logic.

It isn't about RDF, specifically.  It's all about the ability to access,
represent, integrate, index, and query fine grained data objects at
InterWeb scale and/or across enterprises. That's an inevitability simply
because that's why we actually use computers.

Syntax wars are just an unfortunate distraction. Long live URIs, HTTP,
and 3-tuples (triples or triads)!

"David Wheeler goes: All problems in computer science can be solved by
another level of indirection;[1] this is often deliberately mis-quoted
with "abstraction layer" substituted for "level of indirection". Kevlin
Henney's corollary to this is, "...except for the problem of too many
layers of indirection."

Links:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirection

President&  CEO