Vote for my semantic web sxsw proposal, deadline is tomorrow

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:32:51 -0400
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi everybody

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to vote for SXSW proposals. I
really appreciate the discussion that came out of my last posting to the
mailing list. I wonder what is going to happen this time :)

The solo-presentation that I submitted is the following:

The Semantic Web has gone mainstream! Wanna bet?
http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/13649

In 2005, I started learning about the so-called Semantic Web. It wasnt till
2008, the same year I started my PhD that I finally understood what the
Semantic Web was really about. At the time, I made a $1000 bet with 3
college buddies that the Semantic Web would be mainstream by the time I
finished my PhD. I know Im going to win! In this presentation, I will
explain what the Semantic Web is and show you why it is already mainstream.
The Semantic Web is enabling better web search, saving IT companies millions
of dollars a year, helping researchers share data, discover new drugs... and
this is just the beginning. If you have heard about the Semantic Web but
never cared to spend time understanding what it is or if you are a skeptic
and want to challenge me this presentation is for you.

I'd really appreciate your VOTES and COMMENTS!

Thanks!

Juan Sequeda
+1-575-SEQ-UEDA
www.juansequeda.com