Re: Where to put the knowledge you add

Hi Hugh,

On 12 October 2011 12:55, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have argued for a long time that the linkage data (in particular owl:sameAs and similar links) should not usually be mixed with the
> knowledge being published.

As an experiment I've added some new dbpedia datasets to Kasabi:

Dbpedia Links:
http://kasabi.com/dataset/dbpedia-links

Which is just the external link datasets (which actually include some
type assertions too)

Dbpedia Core:
http://kasabi.com/dataset/dbpedia-core

Which is just the core english datasets

And then the dbpedia english dataset which layers together these two
into a single dataset:

http://kasabi.com/dataset/dbpedia

That gives some choice over whether you want external links.

I'm also considering some other subsets (e.g. places and people).

To help flag up linksets I've also added a "Linking" category in
Kasabi to group together datasets that purely exist to link between
others.

Cheers,

L.

[1]. http://kasabi.com/browse/datasets/results/og_category%3A5603