From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
To: public-lod@w3.org
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:28 PM
Subject: Advocacy URL for publishing data with an explicit license

Dear list,

We all know that data publishers *should* publish their data along with an explicit license that explains what kind of re-use is allowed.

Can anyone suggest a good reference/link/URL that makes this case? A blog post or advocacy site or similar?

Bonus points if it has specific recommendations for RDF.

My preferred candidate so far is this – but it's not particularly strong on the “why”:
http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#license

Thanks,
Richard