Re: Address Bar URI

On 20/10/2011 01:18, "Nathan" <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:

> Dave Reynolds wrote:
>> The problem, as I see it, is that developers start from the NIR but then
>> use web browsers to find their way round the data and then cut paste the
>> browser locations they find, thus ending up with IRs where they should
>> have had NIRs.
>
> Agree, you put that very nicely Dave.
>
> Perhaps Michael nailed it when he mentioned separation of concerns, one
> could suggest that this is what happens when the data-tier has knowledge
> of the presentation-tier (i.e. punting the user to a view of the data,
> rather than the data directly). That itself is quite possibly the
> product of using a web browser as a data browser.
>
> I think it's fair to say that nothing is going to clean up the mess, so
> perhaps it's just a case of looking at tooling to sanity check our data.
>
> Hugh's javascript would make a fine bookmarklet, click it and it changes
> the URI in the "address bar" to the NIR URI rather than the IR URI
> (assuming a 1-1 relation that is).

<semi-serious-suggestion>

Whilst I'm failing to lurk as well as:
<link rel="alernate" href="/programmes/:programme.rdf"/>

is there room for:
<link rel="ting" href="/programmes/:programme#programme"/>

to expose the nir uri? Maybe with a bookmarklet / greasemonkey style script
to pull out the nir uri and display it to anyone interested. Maybe even
using replaceState on the address bar :-)

Maybe this already exists
</semi-serious-suggestion>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/