Re: Address Bar URI

On 19 Oct 2011, at 15:42, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/11 10:14 AM, David Wood wrote:

>>> Internet Explorer 6. The browser that still dominates market share across WWW end-users :-)
>>
>> ...with less than 5% market share as of last March [1].  Also, most of those reported instances of IE6 usage may be due to the AVG Linkscanner bot, which uses an IE6 ID string [2].
>>
>> I know IE6 has been a thorn in our sides for years, but maybe it is time to let it go.
>
> We don't believe is forcing issues on end-users by disrupting them via actions such as: implementing a Linked Data URI style for something like DBpedia that works modulo IE 6. Yes, the market share of IE is decreasing (thank heavens!) but we still have a live usecase that showcases why slash style of URIs are important and useful.
>
> Kingsley

Whatever the usage of IE6 in the general web population  I can't
believe that's reflective of dbpedia users.

If it is then that might be the best indication of widespread LOD
adoption and we all should therefore re-read Michael's comments.

(meanwhile I'm going to check why my dad uses dbpedia and garner his
feedback on the http-range-14 issue since he's the only person I know
that uses IE6).