Re: Address Bar URI

Hi Jonathan,
It is not my understanding that Linked Data regards Hash URIs as a Bad Thing.
On the contrary - they have been an accepted way of doing things for a while:
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#choosing
and now
http://linkeddatabook.com/editions/1.0/#htoc14
both present them as alternatives, and discuss pros and cons of each.
Interestingly the order of presentation changed.
I recall somewhere that in the early days timbl wrote somewhere he thought hans was the better solution, but can't find that at the moment.
I think that within some sections of the Linked Data community (if there is such a Thing), it has become de rigeur to do it 303.
I could speculate on possible interesting social reasons for this, but that would be too much fun :-)

And of course these issues are not really under this subject anymore.

By the way, I should have found this page before I posted my original message - sorry:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2010/04/why_does_the_address_bar_show.html
which discusses the address bar issue in the context of "normal" pages.

Best
Hugh

--
Hugh Glaser,