Re: Address Bar URI

Wow, this is new information for me that the redirect-to-hash issue
would bear on this question, so this is interesting.

However I must be dense since I don't see how it applies. The scenario
I'm talking about is: I want an RDF URI for something. I mint a URI
A#it, publish a document at A explaining what A#it means, and I think
I'm done. Then something really bad happens, and I attribute the
evilness to the use of hash, and I swear off ever using hash again.
Luckily there is 303 as a backup, and I'm willing to pay the extra
round trip overhead to avoid the hash badness, since the badness is so
bad.

I know about Dublin Core's use of redirect-to-hash, but it's being
used to implement hashless URIs, not hash URIs. My question is why the
need to use hashless URIs for this use is felt in the first place. (In
DC's case it was legacy, but few people on this list are dealing with
pre-2005 URIs.)

What is the "really bad" thing that happened? (And what could it
possibly have to do with redirects?)

Thanks
Jonathan