Re: Address Bar URI

Hugh, greetings.

On 2011 Oct 14, at 13:08, Hugh Glaser wrote:

> My colleague, Don Cruickshank asked me if it was good practice to rewrite the URI in the Address Bar to be the NIR, rather than the IR.
> I was surprised, but he tells me that it is permitted in HTML5.

Can you expand on this a little?

Is this some HTML5 cleverness that lets one declare in the HTML what the address bar should display?  Or is it some Javascript kludge^Wgadget that does it, in which case what is the sense in which this is 'permitted' in HTML5 and wasn't before?

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk