Re: ANN: Modular Unified Tagging Ontology (MUTO)

On 11/18/11 5:19 AM, Steffen Lohmann wrote:
> On 17.11.2011 17:35, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 11/17/11 9:34 AM, Steffen Lohmann wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we are pleased to announce version 1.0 release of the "Modular
>>> Unified Tagging Ontology (MUTO)". MUTO is an attempt to unify the
>>> core concepts of existing tagging ontologies (such as TAGS, TagOnt,
>>> MOAT, etc.) in one consistent schema. We reviewed available
>>> ontologies and created a compact core ontology (in OWL Lite) that
>>> supports different forms of tagging, such as private, group,
>>> automatic, and semantic tagging. MUTO should thus not be considered
>>> as yet another tagging ontology but as a unification of existing
>>> approaches. We hope it will be useful to the community and a helpful
>>> starting point for future extensions.
>>>
>>> For more information, please see the specification at
>>> http://purl.org/muto/core# (redirect to http://muto.socialtagging.org)
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Steffen
>>>

>> Great stuff!
>>
>> Wondering if you could add rdfs:isDefinedBy relations to this
>> ontology? Doing so makes it much more navigable.
>
> Sure. I just forgot adding it. Thanks to point me to this, Kingsley.
> The rdfs:isDefinedBy statements are now included.
>

>> Here's the current state of affairs showcasing limited TBox
>> navigability:
>>
>> 1.
>> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http://purl.org/muto/core
>> 2.
>> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fmuto%2Fcore%23tagMeaning&urilookup=1
>> .
>>
>> Once you add the isDefinedBy relations, the ontology description page
>> becomes the launch pad for powerful FYN exploration across both the
>> ontology TBox and and associated ABox.
>>

> Looks very nice.
>
> Thanks,
> Steffen

Steffen,

Great!

Effects of your tweak:

1.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fmuto%2Fcore%23meaningOf&urilookup=1
-- picked a property from your ontology as a random starting point

2.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fmuto%2Fcore%23 --
pivot to the main ontology where the system leverages inverse relations
courtesy of isDefinedBy .

As already highlighted by Richard, adding owl:equivalentClass and
owl:equivalentProperty relations will lead to more enrichment esp.
manifestation of instance data. All you have to do is add the relations
and Linked Data power will handle the rest :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen