Re: ANN: Modular Unified Tagging Ontology (MUTO)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:35:04 -0500
To: public-lod@w3.org
On 11/17/11 9:34 AM, Steffen Lohmann wrote:
> Hi all,
> we are pleased to announce version 1.0 release of the "Modular Unified
> Tagging Ontology (MUTO)". MUTO is an attempt to unify the core
> concepts of existing tagging ontologies (such as TAGS, TagOnt, MOAT,
> etc.) in one consistent schema. We reviewed available ontologies and
> created a compact core ontology (in OWL Lite) that supports different
> forms of tagging, such as private, group, automatic, and semantic
> tagging. MUTO should thus not be considered as yet another tagging
> ontology but as a unification of existing approaches. We hope it will
> be useful to the community and a helpful starting point for future
> extensions.
> For more information, please see the specification at
> http://purl.org/muto/core# (redirect to http://muto.socialtagging.org)
> Best,
> Steffen

Great stuff!

Wondering if you could add rdfs:isDefinedBy relations to this ontology?
Doing so makes it much more navigable.

Here's the current state of affairs showcasing limited TBox navigability:

1. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http://purl.org/muto/core

Once you add the isDefinedBy relations, the ontology description page
becomes the launch pad for powerful FYN exploration across both the
ontology TBox and and associated ABox.

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software