ANN: El Viajero as Linked Data

From: Boris Villazón Terrazas <bvillazon@fi.upm.es>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:08:12 +0200
To: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, redlinkeddata@listas.fi.upm.es, semweb-sapin <semweb-spain@delicias.dia.fi.upm.es>
---------- Apologies for multiple cross-postings----------

Dear all

The Ontology Engineering Group [1], within the context of the WebN+1
project [2], is happy to announce
the first release of the "El Viajero" as Linked Data [3].

El Viajero [4] is a digital platform that aggregates contents from a
variety of newspapers and digital
platforms owned by the PRISACOM group [5], but it is also open for
recommendations, videos, images
and posts from users of the platform (in a similar way to the News
Aggregator Scenario [6] analyzed
in the W3C Provenance Incubator Group [7]).

We are using an extension of the Open Provenance Model [8] for capturing
the provenance of the news,
guides and posts of the aforementioned digital platforms. More
information can be found at [9].

Currently we also include a visualization beta based on map4rdf [10].
The visaulization includes the localizations
in the world with an associated guide.

Comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Daniel Garijo