Re: Linked Data Visualization using Microsoft's PivotViewer atop SPARQL Endpoints

On 3/27/11 12:44 PM, Erick Antezana wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> I got the following error message:
>
> Execution of "/PivotViewer/view.vsp" failed.
>
> SQL Error: HTCLI HC001: Connection Error in HTTP Client
>
> after clicking on "FAO Countries " or :
>
> http://lod.openlinksw.com/PivotViewer/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flod.openlinksw.com%2Fc%2FCVFTSJF%23%2524facet0%2524%3DGDPTotalInCurrentPrices%26%2524view%2524%3D1%26%24tab%24%3D2%26%24selection%24%3D175%26%24zoom%24%3D2&sms_ss=delicious&at_xt=4d88d33582054e8a%2C0

Erick,

Thanks for the feedback.
A number of issues might be at play here:

1. lod.openlinksw.com -- down for maintenance a good part of this
weekend, its now online, so you can retry (as I have)

2.
http://lod.openlinksw.com/PivotViewer/edit.vsp?url=http%3A%2F%2Flod.openlinksw.com%2Fc%2FCVFTSJF%23%2524facet0%2524%3DGDPTotalInCurrentPrices%26%2524view%2524%3D1%26%24tab%24%3D2%26%24selection%24%3D175%26%24zoom%24%3D2
-- nature of query can effect the total time for resource delivery, you
can edit query with this link or use to to verify access is functional etc.

Let me know if it works now as there is a slight possibly that proxy
settings might also be causing problems.

Kingsley

> cheers,
> Erick
>
> On 24 March 2011 13:55, Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com>  wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> For a number of months I've shared a plethora of PivotViewer + LinkedData
>> style visualization demos via my del.icio.us bookmark collections [1]. The
>> entire endeavor has been about transparently integrating Linked Data from
>> any SPARQL endpoint with a very powerful data visualization tool that
>> alleviates problems associated with thorny Linked Data issues such as:
>>
>> 1. raw URIs in plain sight -- you have icons and labels (with URIs only
>> surfacing when 'best effort label discovery hesuristics' fail)
>>
>> 2. intuitive end-user interaction patterns that encourage data exploration
>>
>> 3. leveraging SPARQL via cut, paste, and share oriented patterns using URLs.
>>
>> Deliverables from this endeavor include:
>>
>> 1. a PivotViewer control -- data representation and presentation are loosely
>> coupled (unlike others that inextricably bind both)
>>
>> 2. Virtuoso SPARQL extension that adds CXML to the extensive list of
>> supported query results format -- use of SELECT (includes SPARQL-FED to 3rd
>> party endpoints), DESCRIBE,
>>      and CONSTRUCT queries for generating dynamic CXML collections that
>> include deep zoom image pyramids, and digital zoom image collections.
>>
>> This technology is now available to anyone for use via:
>>
>> 1. public endpoints such as our URIBurner and LOD Cloud Cache instances --
>> just pick CXML as you output option then pass SPARQL Protocol URL to
>> PivotViewer
>>
>> 2. your own Virtuoso installations (commercial edition only)
>>
>> 3. your individual or service specific Amazon EC2 AMIs .
>>
>> Links:
>>
>> 1. http://www.delicious.com/kidehen/pivot_collection_app -- live demo
>> collection
>>
>> 2. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtSparqlCxml --
>> technology guide covering inner workings and howtos.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen
>> President&  CEO