Re: Several questions about Linked Data

In message <74B25DFC-0F3B-439E-861F-90FB25D4F417@w3.org>, Tim
Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org> writes
>Richard
>
>When you have a triple which is in your linked data set
>which includes a URI in another dataset, then that is called a link.
>Just as when you have an HTML document which has the URI
>of an anchor of another HTML document.
>
>Not sure why you say there is no real linking going on.
>You can follow the links with a (RDF) browser,
>you need to do link maintenance just like for HTML links if the other
>server goes away, etc

I told you others might offer differing views!  Good morning, sir.

Yes, it's true that Linked Data URLs are (or ought to be)
dereferenceable, but following that link only takes you to one place:
back to their publisher. This doesn't help you to know that, say, 15
other datasets are all using Geonames URLs to express geographical
concepts.

I took Zhou's question to be about the need for a separate mechanism for
connecting data sets, above and beyond the use of the same URI to
represent the same concept.

Richard