Re: Loooking for high quality list of current, real countries

On 3/22/11 2:01 AM, Aldo Bucchi wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I don't usually do this but I would like some help in finding a high
> quality list of "current" ( not Sparta ) and "real" ( not Mordor )
> countries with the following props:
>
> * ISO 3166-1-alpha-2 code
> * English Name
> * Flag
> * Local Name ( optional )
> * Language ( optional )
> * Population ( optional )
> * Facebook ID ( would be cool, but I imagine this is harder )
>
> I am finding pieces of this dataset here and there ( DBPedia,
> Freebase, CIAWFB, GeoNames ) with varying coverage and quality.
> In case you are wondering: Yes, I *AM* trying to save myself some work ;)
>
> Shameless crowd sourcing.
>
> Thanks!

> Aldo Bucchi
> @aldonline
> skype:aldo.bucchi
> http://facebook.com/aldo.bucchi
> http://aldobucchi.com/

Aldo,

Goto: http://uriburner.com/c/DVIUF7 -- PivotViewer page with map overlay .

Of course, you can tweak the query, enable inference context, and
smush/mesh en route to union of facts culled from SUMO, DBpedia etc..
It's all there in Linked Data form you to exploit :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen