Re: data schema / vocabulary / ontology / repositories

From: Natasha Noy <noy@stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:08:30 -0700
Cc: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>, "support@bioontology.org Support" <support@bioontology.org>, kidehen@openlinksw.com
To: public-lod@w3.org
> I really like:
> http://www.bioontology.org/bioportal
>  . Are there any RDF
> dumps or a SPARQL endpoint? If I have a URL for either I can get this
> data into our LOD cloud cache instance which will also help with
> discoverability etc..

We have a prototype SPARQL end point at http://sparql.bioontology.org/
It gives you access to most ontologies in BioPortal.

Details on the RDF that we generate and other related information is at:
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/RDF_in_BioPortal

To answer a couple of other points on the thread: BioPortal does allow users to rate and comment on ontologies (on the assumption that one size doesn't fit all). And we do list the most "used" ontologies (basically most accessed/downloaded).

Caveat: The repository contains only ontologies relevant to biomedicine. However, the software is completely domain-independent and others (such as OOR) have installed it as repositories for other domains or domain-independent repositories.

Natasha