Re: data schema / vocabulary / ontology / repositories

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:47:33 -0400
To: Dieter Fensel <dieter.fensel@sti2.at>
CC: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, semantic-web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On 3/13/11 12:15 PM, Dieter Fensel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> for a number of projects I was searching for vocabularies/Ontologies
> to describe linked data. Could you please recommend me places
> where to look for them? I failed to find a convenient entrance point
> for such
> kind of information. I only found some scattered information here and
> there?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dieter

Dieter,

Do you mean: I would a place where I can search for vocabularies and
assess their usage across LOD datasets? Goal being reuse of existing
terms re. new datasets coming into the burgeoning LOD cloud?

If the above is true, the you can do the following:

1. Goto http://lod.openlinksw.com  -- the live 15 Billion+ triples LOD
Cloud Cache we maintain
2. Enter a text pattern (with Class, Property, or Vocabulary discovery
in mind)
3. On receipt of the initial results page, use the Links in the
Navigation section to filter by Type or other Attributes (so you are
looking for Entities of type: Ontology or Class or Property
4. Once you find one of the Entity Types above, click on the "describe" link
5. At this point navigation should be obvious i.e. you can use
isDefinedby to find the Ontology associated with Classes and Properties
or use the inverse relations to find the Class and Properties defined by
an Ontology.

Hope this helps.

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO