Re: Design issues 5-star data section tidy up

Can I echo Les Carr's concerns that Excel is a bad example. It's kinda
Open these days. I can read the data in a free perl library, so why
isn't that 3*?

Also, I've created some URIs for the concepts should you want to
describe a dataset conforming to a * ranking;
http://openorg.ecs.soton.ac.uk/wiki/Namespace#Linked_Open_Data

?foo a void:Dataset ;
    dcterms:conformsTo <http://purl.org/openorg/opendata-5-star> .

Use them if they are useful. I'm using the openorg namespace to define
little bits of glue I've needed to launch our open data site, but were
reusable so I didn't want to lump them into our "predicates that just
related very local concepts you'd never want to re-use outside our
organisation" namespace.

If anybody in the community has missed it, by the way, here's our
initial offering... with more in the pipe...
http://data.southampton.ac.uk/datasets.html

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

/ Lead Developer, EPrints Project, http://eprints.org/