Re: The truth about SPARQL Endpoint availability

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:48:12 +0000
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, " Semanticweb@Yahoogroups.Com" <semanticweb@yahoogroups.com>
To: Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche <pierre-yves.vandenbussche@mondeca.com>, Peter DeVries <pete.devries@gmail.com>
Pierre-Yves, Peter,

No, http://ckan.net/package/geospecies is the only CKAN record where two endpoints were entered. All other packages have zero or one.

> Is it possible in CKAN endpoint to differentiate between main and alternative endpoint ?

The question of alternative endpoints hasn't really come up yet. For geospecies someone just added it ad hoc.

Actually, the LOD Cloud Cache (hope Hugh isn't listening!) has its own CKAN package:
http://ckan.net/package/lod-cloud-cache

Its SPARQL endpoint is already listed there. So I took the liberty to remove it from the GeoSpecies package. At some point we should explore making the list of packages mirrored in the LOD Cache explicit on CKAN.

Best,
Richard