Re: Think before you write Semantic Web crawlers

I understand that, but I doubt your conclusion, that those crawlers are
targeting semantic web, since like you said they don't even properly
identify themselves and as far as I know, on Universities also regular
web search and crawling is researched. Maybe lot of them are targeting
semantic web, but we should look at all measures to conserve bandwidth,
from avoiding regular web crawler interest, aiding infrastructure like
Ping the Semantic Web to optimizing delivery and even distribution of
the data among resouces.

Best,
Jiri