Re: Using Facebook Data Objects to illuminate Linked Data add-on re. structured data

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Kingsley Idehen
<kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> Facebook have released structured data in graph form. They've done so in the
> Information Space dimension and its absolutely a great contribution.
>
> owl:shameAs is really about saying: I've made a URI for an object in your
> data space, and I am exploiting its inherent SDQ at your expense. The
> "shame" (tongue in check) comes from fact that said entity more than likely
> hasn't made a Linked Data URI because they are waiting for a concrete
> business case etc.. In a sense, its about saying: I am eating your lunch and
> here's how. Thus, use the Name I've minted, and at the very least you'll
> reduce business model erosion etc..
>
> Again: owl:shameAs is old humor (from me) about Linked Data granularity,
> business models, opportunity costs, and lunch. Don't take owl:shameAs
> literally :-)

Thanks for clarifying however eating Facebook's lunch and minting URIs
that append #this is still not the best recommendation.

URIs under a new domain, perhaps (rdf|fql|sparql).facebook.com, should
be used to clearly distinguish the RDF endpoint from their JSON/graph
interface.

I would like to see them add RDFa/microdata, but they have already
done quite a bit of work against frontend mechanization so I doubt
that will happen anytime soon.