Re: WebID and pets -- was: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

On 6/20/11 14:01 , Danny Ayers wrote:
> On 19 June 2011 20:42, Henry Story<henry.story@bblfish.net>  wrote:
>
>> Ok. So you need to give each of your dogs and cats a webid enabled RDFID chip
> To inject a little reality: Sashapooch has got an embedded RFID (not
> yet RDFID!) tag, not sure but I think it became Italian law.
> Basilhound being a bit older, before this stuff came in, has a
> (sloppy) tattoo on his tummy, something like LOLU51. I assume the chip
> in Sasha has a similar string in it.
>
> But the idea is great - in the same way QR codes are most useful when
> they include a URL, putting one in the RFID tag of animals makes a lot
> of sense. Simple use case: when the critter wanders off, you can
> easily contact the "owner".
>
> I know the RFID chips are now really cheap commodities, what I don't
> know about is the scanners - are they yet affordable enough that you
> could say include one in a mobile phone?
Danny,

At least one of my phones (the Nexus S) has one, though not very useful
yet; It does react to Dutch public transport chip cards and my Finnish
passport with "Unknown tag type."

Yrjänä

--
Mr. Yrjana Rankka        | ghard@openlinksw.com