Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

On 19 Jun 2011, at 14:04, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Er. we use it :-)
>
> The problem with this whole Linked Data thing is that its truly Ninja tech.
>
> The killer conductor of value is the LINK. This lethal weapon applies to all dimensions of the Web:
>
> 1. Information Space
> 2. Data Space
> 3. Knowledge Space.
>
> Trouble is, where do we find strong anecdotes for a cross dimensional lethal weapon? I try to use Stars Wars and the FORCE at times, but even that doesn't quite nail what we are dealing with here. Thus, we could take another approach i.e., embrace and extend what we know is anomalous since the AWWW architecture (FORCE) actually lets us do this anyway.

That's a fun way of describing things. But we have to be careful not to hype things too much, or we risk being tied into the 1980 AI hype space, and then nobody will listen anymore.

Perhaps a more scientific way to express this is within the language of self-organising systems. There is a lot of research there which is relevant to us.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_organising_systems

I am a bit new to this area. Any books I must read?

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/