Re: Hackers - Re: Schema.org considered helpful

On 18 Jun 2011, at 08:13, AzamatAbdoullaev wrote:

> HS: "I gave a talk on the philosophy of the Social Web if you are interested."
>  http://www.slideshare.net/bblfish/philosophy-and-the-social-web-5583083
>
> For the specifics of TBL's motto, "the web as a philosophical engineering", see Harry's article:
> http://www.apaonline.org/publications/newsletters/v07n2_Computers_04.aspx
> Some interesting assertions: "we are not analyzing a world, we are building it. We are not experimental philosophers, we are philosophical engineers." ; "online intelligence is generated through complex causal interaction in an extended brain-body-environment system"; "The Web is ...the creation and evolution of external representations in a universal information space".
> I'd extend: if the the world wide web is "a universal information space", the semantic/ontological web is a universal knowledge space.
> And we need avoid confusing four fields: philosophical engineering, philosophy of engineering, engineering philosophy, and engineering of philosophy.

The recent discussions on this list were very much about how to avoid making distinctions unless you have to (Just-In-Time Distinctions?) So why are the above distinctions needed? Particularly with regard to this conversation.

> Azamat

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/