Re: Schema.org considered helpful

You've lost me there - their own example they give on schema.org for RDFa is
less verbose than the microdata, and could be made even less so.
http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html
What costs are you talking about being incurred?  Microdata just looks like
RDFa with a couple renames, explicit item scope, and support for prefixes
removed.
-Leif Warner