Re: Schema.org considered helpful

On 6/17/11 3:53 PM, Phil Archer wrote:

> Dunno if the analogy is a perfect fit, but it feels to me as if
> schema.org is a game changer that, in one way or another, we're going
> to get used to having around.

It's a game changer because its given the entire Linked Data and
Semantic Web aspirations a major boost. Decouple flaws associated with
one syntax rules them all and you'll see that structured data is a
critical beachhead for InterWeb scale Linked Data. Once you have Linked
Data all over the Web the foundation is in place for smart agents (that
really put OWL to use) via a Web of Semantically Linked Data. We get
there one step at a time, ever structured data contribution should be
celebrated, especially when it comes from industry behemoths.

A Syntax war is an utter waste of time.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com