Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

On 6/14/11 10:07 AM, Christopher Gutteridge wrote:

> You can see a prototype of the PHP library in action on this
> conference site:
> http://data.dev8d.org/2011/programme/
>
> I'd encourage the community to build more tools for webmasters, not
> for the linked data community!

The community should build and embrace solutions for a broad range of
user and developer profiles. The Web isn't about developers solely,
neither is computing in general.

As I recall, Apple's success isn't driven by its sole preoccupation with
developers, ditto Google, Facebook etc.. All of these organizations
provide palpable solutions that deliver tangible value off the bat, no
code required whatsoever.

Developers are but one community, focusing on them solely isn't going to
change much, really!

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com