Re: {Disarmed} Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle

Whether it's true or not is up to the URI owner, because they get to decide what http://totl.net/ identifies.

> and prevents us making any statements about the documents directly (ie. license, creator, last modified)

How so? Look:

<http://totl.net/>
   foaf:member <http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cjg/>;
   dc:license <...>;
   dc:creator <...>;
   dc:modified "..."^^xsd:date.

Web pages don't have members and groups of people don't have licenses. Anyone with a minimum of intelligence -- human or machine -- can work that out.

> What might work better is if you have new predicates which explicitly means <the primary topic of this document has a member who is the primary topic of...>

That would work, and I've used that pattern in the past [1], but try explaining that to someone outside this mailing list or writing it down in JSON.

> This is more or less what schema.org seems to be doing, if I've understood correctly...

No, they just don't give a damn that the same URI ends up being used for a document and a thing.

Best,
Richard

[1] http://vocab.sindice.com/xfn