Re: Using Facebook Data Objects to illuminate Linked Data add-on re. structured data

On 12 Jun 2011, at 22:05, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Example using the URL: http://graph.facebook.com/kidehen:
>
> {
>   "id": "605980750",
>   "name": "Kingsley Uyi Idehen",
>   "first_name": "Kingsley",
>   "middle_name": "Uyi",
>   "last_name": "Idehen",
>   "link": "https://www.facebook.com/kidehen",
>   "username": "kidehen",
>   "gender": "male",
>   "locale": "en_US"
> }

Ok so you got this JSON from here: http://graph.facebook.com/kidehen

Then you go on to say that it would be much better if it said:

   "id": "https://www.facebook.com/kidehen#this"

instead of:

   "id": "605980750"

But given that you can't get any JSON from https://www.facebook.com/kidehen#this, wouldn't it be better if it said:

   "id": "http://graph.facebook.com/kidehen"

or even, as Glenn proposed:

   "id": "http://graph.facebook.com/605980750"

Both of these resolve and produce JSON. So if I wanted to refer to you in my app, it seems like these two would be quite handy identifiers, and superior to the one you proposed, no?

Best,
Richard