Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

On 6/7/11 11:37 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 6/7/11 11:26 AM, Bernard Vatant wrote:
>> Kingsley, you lost me once again :(
>>
>> From the URI you provide I follow my nose to
>> http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fschema.org%2FPerson%23this
>>
>> Which as it says provides a description of the resource identified by
>> http://schema.org/Person#this, including the following triple :
>>
>> <http://schema.org/Person#this>  rdf:type
>> <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Class>
>>
>> AFAIK, http://schema.org/Person#this is no more declared as an RDFS
>> class than http://schema.org/Person. Actually since
>> <http://schema.org/Person> is currently an information resource per
>> its answer to http GET, I wonder what http://schema.org/Person#this
>> actually identifies, since there is no actual #this anchor in the page.
>
> In anticipation of RDFa or Microdata based resource, we use a #
> terminated URI. Remember, we don't control the domains hosting these
> data sets, so we simply adopted # terminated URIs based Names to
> distinguish from Address of the actual Data (Resource) via usual
> Linked Data patterns (where Names deliver de-reference / indirection
> function and Addresses deliver address-of).
>

>> Tweaking a new URI to explicit the semantics of
>> http://schema.org/Person is OK, but this new URI has to be in a
>> namespace you control etc.
>
> Yes, as per my comments above.
>
> I once made a comment about an owl:shameAs pattern whereby you make
> pure Linked Data in one data space that includes owl:sameAs relations
> where the Object is really a suggestion/hint URI to the 3rd party data
> space.
>
> First step is to start the conversation, it might so happen that
> http://schema.org/Person#this will resolve to a Microdata resource, in
> due course. If it doesn't, we'll pull the trigger on owl:shameAs :-)
>

> Kingsley

Bernard,

To be a little clearer, when dealing with the TBox we use
owl:equivalentClass and owl:equivalentProperty to execute the
owl:shameAs pattern I described in the post above. Again, we
deliberately opted to go slow on this time around so that more folks
understand what's actually happening here. Ultimately, this is about
showcasing how expansive one can be with Linked Data without forcing
others to operate on your terms or at your speed. Its all about loose
coupling etc..

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com