Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

If I've understood correctly http://schema.org/Person does not in any
way equal or equiv to foaf:person

Surely:
?foo a <http://schema.org/Person> .

is actually saying

?foo foaf:primary_topic ?person .
?person a foaf:Person .

I've said before that there's value in predicates which relate the
primary topic of X to the primary topic of Y, as that's what people want
to do in RDFa. When converting into more reasonable (pun intended)
predicates, this level of indirection should be recognised.

foaf:interest already as a domain which is the page, not the URI itself.
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_interest -- I'm not keen on mixing them
in one scheme -- it'll confuse people, but let people relate things
together using their URLs and make the semantics describe that honestly.

Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

You should read the ECS Web Team blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/