Re: Common RDF Vocabulary Labels Vocabulary

On 6 Jun 2011, at 17:48, Christopher Gutteridge wrote:

> Quick work! I've noticed there's no class labels, yet. Would be handy eg, foaf:Agent etc.
>
> Definitions, eg.
> eg.
> foaf:phone skos:prefLabel "phone number"@en"
> foaf:phone rdfs:comment "A phone number, specified using fully qualified tel: URI scheme (refs: http://www.w3.org/Addressing/schemes.html#tel)."
>
> Translating those would make it much easier for people to use these schemas. Making a big batch of useful labels to be translated in one     go seems like a really good idea, although I'm sure you can feel the feaping creatures looming.
Sure can.
But hang on, is the web not about linking, rather than copying things around?
Having a similar, but different, rdfs:comment in a different place to the http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/ really doesn't seem the right thing to me.
Please can someone suggest some answers to my questions about exactly what this is?
Cheers

--
Hugh Glaser,
              Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia