Re: Silk - Link Discovery Framework Version 2.4 release

I second Adam comments on "being realistic" and the point of researchers
being researchers. If you look at the history of semantic web research
(if we can speak of history...) you will notice how most of the early
mistakes we (I include myself in here) in research (also funded by EU)
driven by our vision, lead to many of the interesting (and diverging)
results also by companies in the semantic arena. In the end, we need
also to be pragmatic, also a failure is a success if you (or some one
else) can learn from it. This is research,
not only in semantic web, but in any field :)

Generally speaking, in any science there is a period where industrial
needs and research diverge, to then converge again.

As matter of facts, linked data (and also SILK - being based on LOD),
are facing a new era for semantic web that is getting us much
closer to industrial needs (and products). We can only be happy of that:
we are seeing the light again ;)

Best,
Federico

- --