Re: Ontology license info

From: Keith Alexander <k.j.w.alexander@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:03:43 +0100
To: "Daniel O'Connor" <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com>
Cc: valentina presutti <vpresutti@gmail.com>, public-lod@w3.org
Hi,

Is an ontology a software project, a creative work, or data ?
Is the intention to license the use of the terms, the triples of the
ontology, or the reproduction of the documentation?
There is also the dcterms:license property to point to a license.
Maybe it is most useful if most ontologies have no restrictions to
use, in which case waiving rights might be more appropriate than
licensing them http://vocab.org/waiver/terms/.html

Keith