Re: ANN: Sudoc bibliographic ans authority data

Yann, Giovanni,

> Which side effects are probable ?

Giovanni has made the same comment on data.europeana.eu a couple of weeks ago. The data we serve there is different from the RDFa mark-up on our web portal.
We had some reasons to do this, including, well, that the RDFa data is mixing the info and non-info resources for making easier data consumption (not mandatorily by search engines, btw), and working with URIs that pre-date our linked data service.

The RDFa and the RDF obtained with LD-style conneg is also not about the same URIs, which should avoid any confusion.
But I can understand that if Sindice tries to fetch both data sources, it may assume the data to be the same. And this assumption could bring a number of undesirable side effects if Sindice merges all what it gets...

That being said, perhaps the solution lies in Sindice being less greedy ;-) and just work with the first data source it finds, for a given URI.
I do like the idea of having several (simple) channels for data publication over the web, which serve different goals.
Maybe we need to better articulate the practices and expectations, though...

Cheers,

Antoine

>>> Weblog:http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen