Re: Introducing Vocabularies of a Friend (VOAF)

I can't help but feel that calling it VOAF is just going to muddy the
waters. "Friendly vocabularies for the linked data Web"
doesn't help clarify either. It's cute, but I strongly suggest you at
the very least make this 'tag line' far more clear. Frankly calling
something 'voaf' when people will hear it mixed in with 'foaf' is just
making the world more confusing. I had a lot of confusion until I found
out the "SHOCK" vocab people were talking about was spelled SIOC.

One other minor suggestion;
Vocabulary
<http://graphite.ecs.soton.ac.uk/browser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mondeca.com%2Ffoaf%2Fvoaf%23Vocabulary#http://www.mondeca.com/foaf/voaf#Vocabulary>
? rdfs:subClassOf
<http://graphite.ecs.soton.ac.uk/browser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2000%2F01%2Frdf-schema%23subClassOf#http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#subClassOf>
? void:Dataset
<http://graphite.ecs.soton.ac.uk/browser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Frdfs.org%2Fns%2Fvoid%23Dataset#http://rdfs.org/ns/void#Dataset>

might be a mistake because void:Dataset is defined as "A set of RDF
triples that are published, maintained or aggregated by a single
provider." ad it may be that you would want to define non RDF vocabs
using this. I see no value in making this restriction.

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

/ Lead Developer, EPrints Project, http://eprints.org/
/ Web Projects Manager, ECS, University of Southampton, http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/