Re: Is it best practices to use a rdfs:seeAlso link to a potentially multimegabyte PDF?, existing predicate for linking to PDF?

On Чтв, 2011-01-13 at 12:32 +0000, Phil Archer wrote:
> What I'm concerned about is the implication that, S rdfs:seeAlso O
> implies that O is RDF that somehow doesn't need to be tested before
> you throw it at a parser. That seems dangerous at best.

I fully agree, and therefore we need other means of telling apart links
to useful (in our context, RDF) data from non-useful (non-RDF).

You propose, as far as I understand, that standard HTTP conneg is
sufficient for this, but to me it seems quite limited. On the other
hand, RDF itself allows for this sort of hints to be added very easily.
All it takes is a common vocabulary that both publishers and consumers
would understand and agree to.

--
Vasiliy Faronov