Re: Is it best practices to use a rdfs:seeAlso link to a potentially multimegabyte PDF?, existing predicate for linking to PDF?

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 11:43 +0000, Nathan wrote:

> "linked data" is not some term for data with links, it's an engineered
> protocol which has constraints and requirements to make the whole thing
> work.

Where is the spec for this "engineered protocol" and where in that spec
does it redefine rdfs:seeAlso?

[I believe I have reasonably decent understanding of, and experience
with, linked data. It is a useful set of conventions and practices
building on some underlying formal specifications. However, I'm not
aware of those practices being so universally agreed and formally
codified as to justify some of the claims being made in this thread.]

Dave