Re: Is it best practices to use a rdfs:seeAlso link to a potentially multimegabyte PDF?, existing predicate for linking to PDF?

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 18:21 +0300, Vasiliy Faronov wrote:

> Maybe it's time to define several specializations of rdfs:seeAlso with
> stronger semantics?

Don't we already have enough of those?

<s> powder-s:describedby <o> .
# <o> provides some more information about <o>, often in a
# machine-readable format.

<s> rdfs:seeAlso <o> .
# Like powder-s:describedby but perhaps more tangential.
# <o> might have information on something similar to <s>; or
# if <s> is a document, <o> might have information on the
# things described by <s>.

<s> foaf:page <o> .
# <o> provides information about <s>, often in a human-readable
# format.

<s> rdfs:isDefinedBy <o> .
# <o> provides the canonical definition of <s> .

We also have foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf, various terms from the XHTML
vocabulary (xhv:meta, xhv:next, xhv:prev, etc), various terms from
Dublin Core (dc:source, dc:relation, dc:replaces/isReplacedBy,
dc:references/isReferencedBy, dc:hasVersion/isVersionOf,
dc:hasPart/isPartOf, dc:isFormatOf/hasFormat) and countless others.

To answer the original question, I'd say foaf:page is a better predicate
than rdfs:seeAlso for a large PDF.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>