Re: Is vCard range restriction on org:siteAddress necessary?

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 13:28:21 +0100
To: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com>
Cc: Phil Archer <phil.archer@talis.com>, Linked Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
* [2011-01-04 11:49:43 +0000] Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com> écrit:

] Is VCard that bad? It fits your example below just fine.

The only problem I see with the example is that we don't have counties
in Scotland, we have districts. In Quebec and Louisiana and other
historically catholic places we have parishes. Is Scotland a "state"
in the American sense, not really. You could use things like vc:county
and vc:state and just say that the naming is bad, I guess.

Geonames tackles this problem in a language-neutral way by having
several levels of administrative areas but they also construct a
hierarchy which might be a little verbose for this use case.

Cheers,
-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww@styx.org>